Anyone auditioning will be given sides to read for any of the following parts:
1) SUSY HENDRIX – (30-40) Susy is blind and at first glance one might think she is frail and vulnerable but when challenged she’s a lion. Her blindness was a result of a car accident so she remembers and sometimes moves as if she has sight. This is a physical and demanding role.
2) HARRY ROAT, JR - (40’s) Two-faced sinister bastard. His appearance is tough and deceitful. The role is very physical.
3) MIKE TALMAN – (30 – 40’s) A con artist out on parole. WASPY looking, maybe even awkwardly handsome. Bit of a loser and, in fact, we believe there’s an element of redemption.
4) SGT. CARLINO – (40’s) Italian, hustler, con man, tough. An element of humour; not dark, but kinda dumb. Gullible.
5) GLORIA – (13 – 15) Independent, smart, and a bit precocious. Can be played by older who can pull off younger. Lots of dialogue with good acting skills. She goes off on a tantrum throwing stuff around then is your best friend. An element of toughness.
6) SAM HENDRIX – (30 – 40) A control freak, kinda anal. He’s a portrait photographer. A bit stiff.